Uglycute: brings the cute, leaves ugly at home.

I've thought about wanting to design restaurants for a very long time.  What appeals to me most about this type of design (over residential) is having a public space to go back to and share with others.  Dezeen has become a favorite place for me to check out some fabulous restaurants/bars and here is yet another stellar design.  Bar Central was designed in Stockholm by Swedish firm Uglycute.  That is maybe the most perfect shade of green and what a compliment to the lighter wood and those brass strips add a dose of special.  The lighting is simple and clean.  I get so excited when I see well designed spaces.  There have been so many times I've gone into a place and thought, "Who thought it was a good idea to put this here?"  And "Who approved this layout?"  Maybe I have even moved say... a garbage can to make more sense out of its placement?  Well, I look forward to the day when I'm making some decisions and until then, I'll keep learning...to see if what I'm thinking even makes sense!  




The one thing I'd like to see different is a larger menu board (in top pic), not that I would have issue reading it.  It just looks a little too small for that space.
CHEERS

No comments: