AVEC drops it like it's HOT

I now have MY Chicago restaurant.  Never again will I be asked the questions "What is your favorite restaurant?" or "Where do you want to go?" without having an answer or replying with..."We don't really go out much."  Well, that last one will probably stay (read: student budget) BUT!  Want to know more?...

*A wine bar -- Thirty wines are offered by the glass*A menu of rustic food -- neatly divided into four sections: Small plates, Large  plates, Salumi, & Cheese*Reflects the aromas, flavors and colors of the Mediterranean *Danish Modern style...


So Friday, I had a good friend in town and she suggested Avec for dinner.  Me, not knowing much about Chicago dining was all for it.  I had no idea things even existed this far west of the Loop.  I have to admit on the walk over, I was overly cautious about where I was headed.  
In the end, the walk proved to be totally safe and comfortable.  


We got there & waited an hour before taking seats, but the atmosphere outside was totally chill and we sipped wine.  Once seated, I couldn't figure out if we were cast offs or special because we were placed directly in front of the chefs, at the end of the bar.  The "Chef's Table." Hence the Meat Cutter.


As we munched (on amazing cheeses, olives and spicy cured meats) & drank, I couldn't help but notice the even more decadent playlist: Rap!  And this is when I knew I had found MY Chicago restaurant.  Not only are the wine & food great, BUT you can listen to some Juvenile, all the while.  And I did not stop at Back That A$$ Up, folks.  

AVEC just gets it and then,
drops it, like. it's. HOT.

images & info from WEBSITE

No comments: