Birthday: #35

The Shenandoahs
I took this photo years back while camping in Virgina with a group of about 20.  I miss my friends so much here in the Midwest, BUT...I'm going camping this weekend!  In celebration of my Birthday, which is officially today!, I decided camping was in order.  I haven't been since I moved to the Midwest over three years ago and that's just too long.  I can't wait to get up into the woods of Wisconsin and just let the city melt  away.  

I've decided to embrace turning thirty-five because...well, that's all I can do.  I'd be lying if I said I haven't had a little cry fest for a few minutes or maybe a few separate cry fests.  After all, I'm a student, who is taking a semester off and an admin, not exactly the career Virgo, but I do have so much to be thankful for.  So I vow to remember that over this next year.  I definitely let the negative bog me down too much and that make things way too complicated.  So in celebration of me and all that I'm thankful for, here's a list of thirty-five things that make me happy & feel loved:
  • crab rangoon
  • running - i'm running a 5K later today even
  • a thoughtful boyfriend who will always have my back - and rub said back
  • co-workers that care 
  • an assortment of insanely smart, hilarious and generous friends
  • in-unit laundry
  • qualities my parents instilled in me: empathy, self-respect & working hard
  • unlimited, unsweetened tea at the office
  • my fun siblings - sarcasm was born at our house
  • Thursday night comedy
  • my BF's loving family
  • a love for good beer
  • new running sneakers
  • Cecil Thurlow & Lois Lenore Steele- the sweetest & cutest grandparents ever
  • icecream
  • scented soaps
  • my sense of humor
  • a comfortable home
  • quiet, alone time
  • Mad Men - recently started watching, about to start Season 4 - in love
  • health insurance
  • art I've created through school
  • my mom's rendition of Happy Birthday that she sang to me this morning
  • my super sweet six nieces & nephews - my siblings are doing such a great job
  • a healthy body
  • the ability to pay rent
  • knowing right from wrong
  • not being motivated by money
  • brunch
  • my love for design
  • having an open mind
  • champagne
  • a love for burgers & fries
  • my tomboy spirit
  • aging gracefully
Me & the BF
Cheers!

No comments: