Local Artist: James Jankowiak

In doing some research about the event tonight at Dock 6 Collective, I discovered an artist that is totally owning it with lines and tape.  Below are my favorites from his website:

A Perfect Day 
2002 Acrylic and enamel on canvas 42" X 42" 

Planet Rock   
2010 Acrylic and glitter on mounted canvas 4" X 4" 

It All Started There
2010 Acrylic on canvas, turned Newspaper Cover
[I remember seeing & loving this Reader cover!]

Portal
Masking tape on site specific wall, Sidecar gallery, Hammond IN., 9' X 9' 

I can not wait to see what he'll be showing tonight.  I would love to have one of those paintings at home and tape installations are becoming my new favorite as an inexpensive way to pack a punch!  Just when I think my excitement for tonight is at maximum capacity... DOUBLE SCHWING

No comments: