Don't fail me, Amazon

Bear with me here, I'm on a rant.

Direct Target: Seller, BonitaFlores
Indirect Target: Amazon

The backstory:
     I purchased 4 books from Amazon on 10/27, all from different sellers.  Three of those books arrived within a weeks time.  (Yay, Great, Thank You Reputable Sellers!)  One, did not.  That one is from aforementioned seller, BonitaFlores.  Currently, I do not think this seller existence in the form of a pretty flower, but probably a scummy, grubby  gross man sitting in his mom's basement.  (yes i can get judge-y)
     Amazon gives you an insane window of time in which the book can arrive.  With this book I had the timeframe from 11/3 to 11/21.  A day or two after purchase the funds were out of my bank account & the order status read: Shipped.  After getting a little suspicious, I decided to read the reviews.  (I know what you're thinking..."hey idiot, you read the reviews first."  and with that I reply..."I thought I was ok when the overall rating was a 4+.  In hindsight, of course I should have done more than look at overall rating!)
     After reading the string of terrible reviews, my nerves kicked in and around 11/15, I decided to test the waters & email the seller.  (multiple reviews of seller never responding to customer reaching out about their missing book)  I still have not gotten a response from "BonitaFlores."
     On 11/19, I contacted Amazon and spoke to a rep in their call center in the Caribbean.  He advised that since it was not yet 11/21 (end date to my timeframe) they could not do anything.  Ok, I saw that coming, but my patience was never great to begin with & now....I just know my book is not arriving by 11/21.

Present day:
     Obviously, book never came on 11-21.  So today, I filed my claim.
     I also decided I should write a review to see if that sparks some interest in the "seller."  I wrote my review with clear disdain titling it SCAM ARTIST and warning buyers.  I got an email from Amazon advising they could not publish my review & suggested I look at their guidelines.  Ok, I'll tone it down...I guess I get that I can not call them a scam artist just yet (even though they are).  Below is my toned down version:

Titled: Buyer Beware
I am shocked there are any positive reviews for this Seller. I just filed a claim against them, because just like all the other negative reviews...I too never received my book. I also never received a response from the seller when I emailed them asking about the purchase. My purchase was made on 10/27, the seller right away took the funds out of my bank account & the purchase has been showing "shipped" since a day or two after 10/27. THAT WAS A MONTH AGO. I expect Amazon to seriously investigate this seller, as a claim has been filed.

     Again, Amazon emailed to say they would not publish my review and here is where I start to get really pissed.  What is wrong with my damn review?  I'd like to know!  Everything stated is 100% fact.  You can read the terrible reviews on Amazon, under BonitaFlores.  What the hell do they want from me? I do not let things go easily and I'm only getting more agitated by the minute.  So stay tuned...

2 comments:

Ed Pitts said...

If I had a Blog I could just copy and paste from yours.
I have the same experience.
Waiting to see what Amazon does.
I am seriously considering a class action suit against Amazon.
They are the seller as far as I am concerned.
I only bought because I trusted Amazon.
I would never have given some stranger my credit card information.
James E Pitts

Erin said...

Hang in there, Bud. Amazon did refund my money, so I have faith they will refund yours too. It's a shame, I know. I've always had great experiences before this supposed seller.

In the future, I will make sure to read the reviews. In this case, I just looked at the overall rating before my purchase, then once I started to dig deeper and saw the actual reviews, I knew my book would never come.

Best of luck to you!