The Design*Sponge Book Signing

Close...
 Closer...
 Closest!

I was like a kid on Christmas morning, but more nervous, waiting for Grace Bonney to sign my book.  I'll admit I did feel a little cooler that I already had the book and did not have to purchase in store.  I decided against the champagne, but definitely hit up the chocolate peanut butter mini cupcakes Anthro had.  They even had cucumber water; why have I never made this before?  It's so obviously refreshing, beyond easy & just makes you feel a little more fancy.  
So, then I talked to Grace.  We are one a first name basis now.  It lasted about 30 seconds, but she loved hearing I was in school, which was were I met my BF, who got me the book.  I'm sure she was just as excited to hear little tidbits from everyone else there, but I felt connected, for 30 seconds, to the only world in which I feel a sense of belonging to: The design industry.  


No comments: