Project: Complete


So many months back a good friend, Matt, mailed art supplies to my roommate (also in design school) & I along with his plea for some artwork.  Now, I have never considered myself an artist so why was my friend doing this to me?  I mean, I have enough anxiety as it is, damn it.  I was not happy because I knew I could not blow this off.  For one, I care about my friend.  Secondly, I wanted to cash in the Starbucks gift cards he sent as motivation. Well, motivation they were.
  
Fast forward to this week and he received those four canvases.  He says he loves them, but he also said he'd love anything I produced.  My friends are forever supportive of me.  But aside from all of that, I am really happy with the end result.  I put a lot of thought into creating something that I could see Matt in.  I have never really painted before, so it was nice to push myself and commit!  The constellations are Hercules (on the right) who resides in the summer sky and Orion (left & my fav) of the winter sky.  Matt is an avid camper, a love we both share.  I used leather to "sew" them in, as well as the detail on the bottom canvas.  You bet my Caramel Macchiato tasted extra victorious.

GO FRIDAY!

No comments: