Love/Hate

Maybe my biggest love/hate relationship is with none other than J. Crew.

Well, how can I not love J. Crew?  The style is so effortlessly fabulous.  I have pretty much been drooling over this company since 1996.  They just get me.  Frustration started when their prices soared and their petite section stayed pint sized.  Not to mention a petite inseam is not 30".  I feel like their clothes are mostly designed for uber lanky women...which is not surprising since Jenna Lyons is just that.  So that's mostly where the Hate comes into play.  Coupled with the fact that more than one piece I've gotten from there in the last say 10 years has simply not measured up in terms of quality.

Case in point:  A pair of leather shoes (read: expensive) simply lost its bow.  This I will never forget...I was in a meeting at work and looked down to see that I only had one shoe with a bow on top.  The other bow had flat out fallen off.  I started the day with two bows and now...uno.  I was embarrassed that someone would notice and confused as to where this bow might me.  I found it under my desk.  Yes, that's right, sitting at my desk, a bow on a pair of expensive, leather, J. Crew shoes jumped ship.  So disappointing and yes they were returned.

Despite this not being the only story of low grade quality from J Crew, I can not stop my drooling addiction.  SOS.  So it's appropriate that I'm now going to share my favorites from their new arrivals...

    Just shoot me now.

No comments: