"Brighten Up My Space", she said

She being my one and only sister, Lisa.  Since she asked me to help freshen things up at her home, I figured I may as well throw this on my blog.  Here are a couple photos of the space...

As you can see, these are two views of the main living area.  Oh and she wants to base everything off her rug.  Which is this...

 My first reaction was PAINT!  The easiest & maybe most fun way to brighten things up.  She refuses to paint a rental.  Ok, I like a challenge.  Aside from paint there are still lots of ways to breathe new life into a space.  Drapes!  Pillows!  Artwork!  Mirrors!  Lighting!  Sofa Cover!  These are all items that can showcase your style AND can be found at stores that offer reasonable pricing.
(compared to magazines that list a price as..."price upon request"  My response to that?  Ok, NEXT.)


Here is what I selected for Lisa...

Yes, I know that blue begs for pops of its complementary orange, but Lisa already went down that road.  So, I chose soothing blues and neutrals.  The navy sofa cover would replace the current sage green to hold some weight.  The drapes I think are a perfect nod to the playfulness this room sees from my niece and nephew.  The pillows take a step back to let the rug do all the talking and the natural accents ring true to my nature-loving sister.  

Space = Brighter

No comments: